Distribution Packaging Internship Program
The Center for Packaging and Unit Load Design’s pallet testing laboratory here at Virginia Tech hires up to four undergraduate students through the Distribution Packaging Internship Program each year. We look for experienced laboratory assistants who:
- Have an interest in distribution packaging.
- Thrive in high performing teams.
- Can be independently responsible for high precision testing projects and continuous improvement projects.
- Can function with relative independence under high responsibility.
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Have a detail-oriented personality.
The internship is a FULL year commitment and it includes the following segments:
- Three months, full-time, summer internship (40 hours per week)
- Fall and Spring part-time work experience (8 hours per week, minimum)
- Two semesters of specialized academic education (one 3 credit course each semester)
Applications are accepted year-round, but the selection of the candidates will start ASAP and the Distribution Packaging Internship Program begins each May. Preference will be given to early applicants.
Check out the links below to learn more about and apply for this internship opportunity!